Factories & Boilers Department
The Department of Factories Boilers is under the Ministry of Labour and Skills. The main responsibility of the Department is to check whether the factory Act 1948 and the Indian Boiler Act of 1923 are complied by the factories. The department is designed to ensure the welfare, health and safety of the Factory workers and of the ordinary people. Director is the head of the department. The department is divided into three regions under which there are 22 factory divisions and 25 additional factory divisions.
Name of services provided by Factories & Boilers Department
- Registration and Grant of Factory license.
- Renewal/ Amendment/Transfer of Factory licenses.
- Removal/Suspension of factories under Factories Act
- Conduct of medical examinations of workers working in the factories and issue of certificate
- Grant of exemption/permission
- Recognition of Competent Person
- Conduct of welders qualification/ re-qualification test and issue of certificate
- Registration of new boiler
- Issue of provisional order after inspection of the boiler
- Renewal of Boiler Certificate of existing Boilers
- Scrutiny and Approval of steam line drawings
- Scrutiny of drawings of new Boilers for manufacture
- Scrutiny of the drawings of new valves pipes and fittings
- Testing of new boilers, valves and fittings after manufacture and issue of certificate
- Registration of Boiler Repairer/Erector/ Manufacture
- Endorsement of welders certificate/Boiler Attendance certificate/National Apprenticeship Certificate
- Duplicate Certificate of Boiler Attendance Certificate/ Boiler Operators Engineers/ Welders Certificate.