The Railway line connecting Kadalundi and Tirur was first opened for traffic by the Madras Railway company on 12th March, 1861 and was extended to Kuttippuram on 1st May, 1861. The Shoranur - Nilambur section was opened for traffic in February 1927. The total length of railways in this district is about 91 km. Angadippuram, Nilambur, Kuttippuram, Tirunavaya, Tirur, Tanur and Parappanangadi are the important stations of which Tirur and Tanur are important fish exporting stations.
|Last Updated on 16-07-2005 BACK|